The Basilica of the Annunciation opening times
- Lower Basilica (Grotto): 5:45 am - 9:00 pm
- Upper Basilica: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
St. Joseph’s Church opening times: 7: 00 am - 6:00 pm
Archaeological Museum opening times:
Monday to Saturday: 8:00 am -12:00 am / 2:00 pm -6:00 pm (winter closing time 5:00 pm)
Permission to visit the Mensa Christi Church should be obtained from the Guardian of the Convent
Convent Holy Masses:
Basilica of the Annunciation
Every Saturday in the Grotto: times 11.00 am.
Every Sunday in the Grotto: times 7:00 am (Arabic) - 5:00 pm (Arabic) - 6:00 pm (Arabic)
Every Sunday in the Upper Basilica: time 10:00 am (Arabic)
Every day in the Grotto: time 6: 30 am (Italian)
St. Joseph’s Church
Every Sunday: time 8:30 am (Arabic)
Every day: time 7:15 am (Arabic)
Prayers and religious services:
- Silent and private prayers: every day from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm in the lower Basilica
- Angelus prayer at the Grotto of the Annunciation: every day at 12.00 pm.
- Crown of Nazareth: every Tuesday from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm Rosary and procession from the grotto of the Annunciation to the crypt of the church of San Giuseppe (sanctuary of the Holy Family), to contemplate the mysteries of the life of Jesus in Nazareth.
- Eucharistic adoration in the grotto of the Annunciation.: every Thursday from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, in the Lower Basilica
- Procession au Flambeaux: every Saturday from 8:30 pm to 9:30 pm, leaving from the square in front of the Convent
Feasts and Celebrations during the year:
- Feast of the Holy Family: first Sunday after Christmas
- Saint Joseph’s Day: 19th March – High Mass officiated by the Custos of the Holy Land
- Annunciation Day: 24th – 25th March – High Mass officiated by the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem
Bookings should be made for all types of celebration in these locations by contacting the following centre:
Pilgrims' Office Contact Centre - Basilica of the Annunciation
Open from Monday to Saturday: times 9:00 am - 12:00 am / 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Tel: +9972. 04 656 00 01
The service in the Sanctuary areas is entrusted to the Franciscan community of Nazareth, in cooperation with the Shalom Community. A brother is always present in the Sanctuary to listen to and welcome pilgrims. For the Sacrament of Reconciliation, a priest is always available.
For further information:
Nazareth – Franciscan Convent of the Most Holy Annunciation
+972. 04 657 25 01 (convent)
+972. 04 655 45 42 (nuns and mass bookings)
+972. 04 656 00 01 (pilgrim information)
+972. 04 646 67 50
+972. 04 646 02 03 (mass bookings)
Nazareth – Parish
Tel: +972. 04 655 41 70
Fax: +972. 04 646 12 71
It is possible to stay at "Casa Nova" located a short distance from the Basilica.
The "Casa Nova" is made up of Franciscan structures which have hosted pilgrims for many years.
Casa Nova Street